06 May Quick Status Update
- We have completed the process and formed a non-profit group called Missouri River Open Lands Preservation (MROLP).
- Our purpose has and continues to be to keep the approximately 80 acres of Fox Farm state lands in open space.
- We are following the rules of DNRC, managers of the state lands, that allows for keeping the land as status quo – open space.
- There will not be any changes in use which is currently recreational such as hiking, biking, walking dogs, birdwatching, etc. WHILE no motorized vehicles are allowed.
- We are in the process of raising funds to pay for an easement in perpetuity to the state school trust to keep this land as open space.
- Our goal is to raise approximately $500,000 to acquire the easement. To-date, we have raised over $90,000. Thanks to many individuals and groups.